Living by His Grace

Sunday, January 26, 2014

New Year's Resolution

January is almost done and I haven't even made my list of resolutions for 2014.

Here's the first one: write for this blog.

Recently I was asked by someone I'd just met: "So, you like to write?"

I didn't know what to say. I no longer know if I like to write. Editing has been my bread-and-butter for years now, writing seems unreal.

Do I enjoy writing? I don't even know what to write about. I think I don't have enough of an ego to write. I don't have anything to say. I don't have anyone to say anything to.

These are just some of the thoughts that have come to me in response to the question.

But I remember now, this morning. I used to want to be a writer. I used to know that I had the skill to write. I had the ideas. I had the nerve.

So my first resolution for this no-longer-so-new year is to write right here. Once a week. Preferably on Monday when work hasn't piled up over my head yet. Write for myself. Try to gain back the writing mojo.

Thank you, new friend, for asking me that question. 




No comments:

Post a Comment