Living by His Grace

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Blessie's Blessing



And the king will say to them in reply, 
'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did 
for one of these least brothers of mine, 
you did for me.' -- Matthew 25:40


(Thank you, Blessie, for taking the time to view this blog and for your advice. If you look to the right of this, you'll see I followed it.)

Blessie is a writer, editor, homeschooling mom and rabbit raiser. See more about her here. Her blog,  The Nanay Notebook, is the only blog I follow. Yesterday morning I sent her an email to let her know I was reviving this blog. To my pleasant surprise I got an email back from her with advice to add a Follow by Email gadget to this blog.

I've done as she suggested; so please, if you are reading this, do enter your email into the text box at the right under Follow me :). Thank you in advance.   

So anyway, I've got that bible verse up there because Blessie's act of kindness reminded me about it. Jesus himself, in effect, is clearly saying we should feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, welcome strangers, clothe the naked, care for the ill and visit prisoners.

We can extend the idea to the extent that any good thing we do for anyone is a good deed done to Jesus. And then we can jump to the reverse of the idea: any good thing done to us by anyone is a blessing from God. Does that make sense? Well, that's the train of thought that made me think of the verse: Blessie's advice is God's way of helping me out with this blog. After all, it is called "living by his grace" because I hope to share how my life has been, and is constantly, shaped by God's grace.

So, as much as I dislike the Pollyanna route to happiness: "There but for the grace of God go I."


3 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you for this post, Gracie! And thank you for adding the email subscription widget :-) Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christine! I didn't even think about that! I will try to remember to preview before publishing. :)

    ReplyDelete