Living by His Grace

Thursday, April 21, 2011

On being an environmentalist

I just got a bylined article published in The Earth Times! It's called Microblog post saves truckload of dogs in China.

I read "The Silent Spring" when I was in grade school. In highschool there wasn't much action going on in terms of environmental activism. Well, everyone was too busy studying.

In college I joined the Marine Biological Society. That was about the greenest group on campus at that time, I guess, aside from the Mountaineers.

Two notable friends from there went on to work for Earth Island and Greenpeace.

Me, I became a mom. But in my own way tried to instill earth-friendly attitudes and behavior in my children. I tried to explain that turning off the lights to save electricity was not just about saving money for the family but for saving the world too.

I taught them the importance of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and was very very proud when my daughter told me that Repair should also be included.

Now I get a chance to do a little bit more for the earth by writing for The Earth Times.

I'm so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment